Firefox 34, which includes eight security fixes, is the first version since Mozilla announced it was dropping Google for Yahoo as its default search engine.
- Default search engine changed to Yahoo! for North America
- Default search engine changed to Yandex for Belarusian, Kazakh, and Russian locales
- Improved search bar (en-US only)
- Firefox Hello real-time communication client
- Easily switch themes/personas directly in the Customizing mode
- Wikipedia search now uses HTTPS for secure searching (en-US only)
- Implementation of HTTP/2 (draft14) and ALPN
- Recover from a locked Firefox process in the “Firefox is already running” dialog on Windows
- Download Firefox from the Firefox download page to your home directory.
- Open a Terminal and go to your home directory:
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file:
tar xjf firefox-*.tar.bz2
- Close Firefox if it’s open.
- To start Firefox, run the firefox script in the firefox folder:
Now your firefox should have opened. You may also create an icon on your Desktop to run this command.