Rebuilding the self-destructed Castle

So today I have rewritten the whole code of my GSoC 2014 because there was some misunderstanding in following the coding standards as BRL-CAD has not specifically documented any Coding Standards for web development. For reference, I referred to the web-code of MediaWiki on GitHub of BRL-CAD but that too betrayed. :P Its Coding Standards were not to be followed as it was not written with any bearings to BRL-CAD.

The Hacking file is only C / C++ centred so after clarifying with Christopher Sean Morrison I have rewritten the 60% of code. It takes hell lot of time to do manually (realizing the need of script to do that). ;-)

Also I prepared / delivered a presentation on Linux commands viz. GREP, SED and AWK. It was fun learning them and I will be covering them down to the roots in near future. :)

Imnumerable pitfalls

Today I feel I have been trapped by odd circumstances all around. Whole week I have been wondering how impartially God has written my destiny. I am always stretched to the limit to get what I want but why am I worn and torn then? Being a pragmatic and rational person, I work against all odds hoping to get out of the pitfall which is a way of my life.

Till afternoon, I worked on TCC website. I learnt scaling and optimization of images. Then I set the set of four images in the theme for each department. There was some problem in the alignment and positioning of images which was resolved. But thereafter the bad luck kept sticking me. I deposited Gate fees online but it failed twice although the money was deducted from my account. I emailed all the addresses provided but didn’t get any response.

Thereafter at 4, I had to visit the protest against DMC Hospital, organized for getting the culprits of my friend’s sister(committed suicide because of mental torture by teachers of DMC) prosecuted legally.

Apart from all these, fighting against all odds and struggling to keep a balance between my professional and personal life.

Chasing the expectations

So today morning I woke up with a piercing thought in my mind of outputting more than being input(efficiency>1). I resolved to be in my hostel room for the reasons like seating problem at TCC, internet problem and moreover I wished for a serene aura around me to compensate the loss of time I have had.

So regarding TCC website I did a lot of coding stuff today. I am uncertain of what I did exactly but yeah I touched each and every file so minutely. To be specific,  removed the futile code from the pages of all departments, made transitions proper, added a couple of files to handle the mail to be sent from the website form of ‘Contact’. I combated with SMTP but in vain(will make it kneel down soon.). May be the diff link [1] of GitHub can explain better.

[1] http://goo.gl/kXig6b

Other than this, I studied a bit about AWK command and a morsel of GREP too. Will be delivering presentation on these(including SED) on coming Saturday.

Tan theta of progress-level increasing

TCC website progress:

  • Updated ‘Facilities’ in the Navigation bar. Added Lab work and Field work.
  • Updated the links in the footer, twitter, facebook and google+.
  • Added ‘Accolades’ in the Navigation bar. Made three new pages under this category: achievements, industries and sitemap.

Apart from this, today I did some resetting in the code of extension I wrote for GSoC,  BRL-CAD. Gradually there is some increase in the slope(Tan theta) of my progress level, I feel.

Stepping towards efficiency-surge

Today’s TCC website-progress:

  • made  distinct separate files, for one department each.
  • entered the data in all the departments.
  • added a new effect to show some images simultaneously of each department.
  • navigation bar made navigable from all the departments.

Will work on the appropriateness and optimization of images by morn.